Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Mary Sutter project Section D- The Heroic Cycle


Rebecca Donahue

Heroine’s Journey

Mrs. Gillis  

December 15th, 2015

Section D –  The Heroic Cycle

The Journey

                I think I am at the beginning of my journey.  The season has just started.  There is so much time for me to catch up, but only if I keep working as hard as I was before I got hurt.  I think two journeys are overlapping for me right now.  The first is the end of my injury journey which is finally coming to an end because I am getting better and stronger every day and the second one which is my trip back up to the top where I was before I got hurt.  I think if I never got hurt I would not have been working so hard because watching my friends play something that I love and doing for a long time it starts to make me antsy.   Also knowing that my coach does not think you are ready to finally come back is very frustrating.  I have been preparing for this moment for a long time and waiting for it to come as patiently as I can.  My main goal is to first get back to the way I was.  The strong second goal is to prove my coach wrong, finally showing him that he can depend on me when I am needed for an important game instead of him looking to someone else.  It is my time to rise above and just do what I do best.  Play basketball. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment