Thursday, April 28, 2016

Chapter 8 & 9 blog post for Without A Map

          "My mother lives a separate and intensely private life.  She loves me.  But she withholds herself, guards herself,  and I know the boundaries clearly." (Page 127).

I chose this quote because I personally would hate to have my mom constantly hiding from me and hiding hidden talents from me.  Just thinking about my mom hiding stuff from me makes me upset because i have an open relationship with my mom and i wouldn't want that to suddenly change to a secretive one.  Sometimes she tries to hide stuff from me and my sister but i usually always end up finding out what it is.  I feel that everyone needs to be able to have an open relationship where they can say anything to at least one of their parents because no matter what they are always going to be there for you and I think it builds this level of trust between the two that cannot be broken.  I understand why her mother would keep most of her life a secret from her daughter though.  She wouldn't want her daughter to see weakness within her and think she isn't strong enough to function without her father in the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment